Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
formatting cross tab
bas
I?m building a listing report which consists of multiple cross tabs.
Only the column headers of the top cross tab needs to be displayed. For the subsequent cross tabs the column headers are hidden. However, in the output (HTML and PDF) blank lines are being displayed. The same happens when hiding rows.... I tried specifying the height of the grid and the height of the 'hidden' elements (0 mm), the blank lines are still being displayed
Any idea how to remove the blank lines?
Cheers, Bas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Bas,
The best solution to this that I've come up with so far is to hide the lines by setting the borders of them to your background color so they appear to not be there. I believe this will be taken care of in a near future version of BIRT, but I don't know that for sure. You can always request an enhancement for this to work differently at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
.
bas
Hi Michael,
I forgot to mention that I already did that so the borders are not displayed in the output.
I would like to get rid of the blank spaces between the various cross tabs.
Bas
mwilliams
Bas,
The blank spaces that are left by hiding the headers and using the border to cover up the lines? Also, why is it that you're using multiple crosstabs that have the same headers rather than making them into a single crosstab?
bas
Yes, I believe so Michael
Using multiple cross tab as the data comes from multiple data sources and need to calculate mutiple grand totals.
Bas
mwilliams
Bas,
Ah, I understand now. So, there is no way to join them all into one dataSet since you need multiple grand totals. Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll just have to ask for an enhancement to get rid of those cells when you hide the element in them. I don't know of a way to get around that small void being there. If I come across something, I'll post it in here.
bas
Thanks Michael,
I was afraid that would be the answer. We're using Actuate BIRT so I'll put in an enhencement request at Actuate Technical Support.
Bas
mwilliams
Bas,
You could also put the request in with the Eclipse side because any change in the Eclipse side would also be passed through to the Actuate version. Again, I'm going to see if I can find a way to get this gap removed and will report in here if I find anything. How big is the blank space?
mwilliams
Bas,
Try selecting the header cells of the crosstab, then go to the property editor's advanced section, then to the "Section" section of that, then to the "display" setting, and set it to No Display. That seems to get rid of any space between the crosstab and the element above it. I also checked in BIRT 2.3.2, which is the version of BIRT that the current Actuate BIRT uses. Let me know.
bas
Hi Michael,
Doesn't seem to work. I'm using BIRT 2.3.2.
Attached a screenshot of the setting.Settings other headers are the same
Bas
mwilliams
Bas,
Screenshot must not have gotten uploaded. I checked in PDF and it seemed there was no space to me. How big is the space? Can you recreate the issue with the sample database? If not, can you attach your design?
bas
Hi Michael,
I've attached the pdf output and the report design.
Need to install Classic Cars db asap.
Bas
mwilliams
Bas,
Try your attached report design that I modified. None of the header cells were set to "no display" in the advanced properties. I also deleted the unnecessary data elements that you were not showing. Your report should look closer to what you're wanting now. Let me know.
bas
Hi Michael,
Excellent it works.
I was under the impression that the header cells were set to 'no display'
Could you send a screenshot of the settings you changed.
I can't see the difference with the settings I had...
Thanks again for your great support!
Bas
mwilliams
Bas,
Not a poblem. Always glad to help. Attached is the screenshot. Let us know whenever you have questions!