Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Filelist deploy not deploying
Jumjum
Greetings,
I am having a question regarding filelist deploy. When I hard code the values into my xml deploy, it work fine and the files deploy. However when I use the parameters and pass them in, it fails. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong. here is a copy of my xml and cmd that I am invoking through workflow.
<source>
<sourceFilesystem
area = "$area^" filelist="$filelist^">
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
d:\od-home\bin\iwodstart.bat submitdeploy -k area=Y:\default\main\www\mainservices\WORKAREA\externalservices -k filelist=d:\iw-home\custom\temp\file_list_for_task_1411.txt
Much Thanks,
jum
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
How does it fail? What kind of error message do you see?
Can you also provide an example of what the contents of the filelist are?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Jumjum
Yes,
Here is the error that I recieve
1956: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/interwoven/deployapi/deploy/IWODAPIClientVersion
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWDeployCLTMain.<clinit>(IWDeployCLTMain.java:47)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.getUser(IWStartDeploy.java:436)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.getUser(IWStartDeploy.java:378)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.startDeploy(IWStartDeploy.java:151)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.main(IWStartDeploy.java:575)
Exception in thread "main"
1956: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/interwoven/deployapi/deploy/IWODAPIClientVersion
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWDeployCLTMain.<clinit>(IWDeployCLTMain.java:47)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.getUser(IWStartDeploy.java:436)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.getUser(IWStartDeploy.java:378)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.startDeploy(IWStartDeploy.java:151)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.main(IWStartDeploy.java:575)
Exception in thread "main"
I am trying to deploy images and source code.
Thanks,
jum
Adam Stoller
If you zip (or tar) up the log files, the filelist file, and the configuration files - I *might* be able to figure out what's going wrong. Without that information I cannot bother.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
8474.pdf
Jumjum
Fish,
The problem with giving you the logs is that it does not generate any. When I run it from the cmd line, I get the following:
Locating OpenDeploy service.
OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173
Got OpenDeploy service.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/interwoven/deploy
api/deploy/IWODAPIClientVersion
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWDeployCLTMain.<clinit>(IWDeployCLTMain.ja
va:47)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.getUser(IWStartDeploy.java:43
6)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.getUser(IWStartDeploy.java:37
8)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.startDeploy(IWStartDeploy.jav
a:151)
at com.interwoven.deploy.clt.IWStartDeploy.main(IWStartDeploy.java:575)
Other than that, I don't know where to look
--Jum
tvaughan
Try wrapping your key=val pairs in quotes.
In otherwords, instead of
iwodstart blah blah blah -k dog=pitbull
Say
iwodstart blah blah blah -k "dog=pitbull"
I've had problems with non-quoted -k flags before, but of course I'm on Solaris, so who knows
Tom
Jumjum
Tom,
Thanks for the suggestion but that too did not work. I am guessing I do not have the class that it needs. I am looking for it now. From the error it looks like it needs com\interwoven\deployapi\IWODAPIClientVersion
--Jum
Adam Stoller
What version of OpenDeploy have you installed on your Base Server (including SP)?
What version of OpenDeploy have you installed on your Receiver (including SP)?
On startup - does the IWODHOME/od.log look "clean"?, how about the IWODHOME/log/hostname_odbase.log and/or IWODHOME/log/hostname_odrcvr.log (on Base Server / Receiver respectively)?
If all those look "clean" - do you have any problems if you run the shipped "test" deployment? [iwodstart test]
I'm just trying to narrow down the list of possible things here - because right now it sounds like something wasn't installed correctly and the quickest fix might be to re-install the software, but it would be nicer to know what happend / why/how/etc. so that maybe in can be prevented in the future.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Jumjum
Fish,
The OTB text.xml worked fine, infact when I do a filelist deploy from the od-admin UI (i.e hard code the values) it deploys fine. Its just when I call it from the wft or from the cmd line that it gives this error. We are running OD 5.5.1 base and recievers without sp2, Win 2k box. Also, all other deploys work as designed. Its just this particular piece is failing.
--Jum
Migrateduser
Did you try running the hard-coded config from the command line or did you only try running from the command line with the substitution variables?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Jumjum
Smitty,
I hard coded the values in the cmd line.
--jum
Adam Stoller
Since it seems to be particular to this configuration being run in this particular way - I again suggest you post (as an attachment) the full deployment configuration file and the filelist file that you provide to it.
Also - you might want to try and use: IWODHOME/solutions/perl/iwodstart.ipl rather than IWODHOME/bin/iwodstart.bat -- most people who've done so, did so for better exit code return values, but some people seem to feel that it works better when called within wfts (I'm not sure why - but it couldn't hurt to try...)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Maybe I wasn't very clear in my question. Did you try running the iwodstart command without any "-k" parameters in it?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Jumjum
Well,
I figured it out. I went through the class/jar files searching for the IWODAPIClientVersion and found that the jar (odapi_cl100.jar) file that I needed was missing. Then I found that one of our folks attempted to install a patch and when it didn't work, they didn't roll back the files to the right directory. I ended up reinstalling OD and it works.
Thanks everyone, its much appreciated!
--jum