Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multi-select Cascading Parameter List Box with Blank
kpelzer29
I have a cascading parameter group that includes two List Boxes. The user can only select one value in the first List Box, but the second List Box is multi-select. Both of the List Boxes were displaying a blank row at the top of the list of selections. After selecting a default value for the List Boxes, the blank row in the first List Box no longer appears when I run the report, but the blank row still appears for the second List Box that is multi-select. Is there a way to remove the blank row at the top of the multi-select cascading parameter? I checked the data set and the query is not returning a null value.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Not sure if you can do that with a cascading parameter multi-select, but usually just giving a default value should work.
kpelzer29
Assigning a default value did remove the blank line in the List Box for the single select cascading parameter, but not for the multi-select cascading parameter. I am still trying to figure out how to remove the blank line in the List Box for the multi-select cascading parameter.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="68048" data-time="1283403366" data-date="01 September 2010 - 09:56 PM"><p>
Not sure if you can do that with a cascading parameter multi-select, but usually just giving a default value should work.<br /></p></blockquote>
Demolisher
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kpelzer29'" data-cid="68059" data-time="1283434931" data-date="02 September 2010 - 06:42 AM"><p>
Assigning a default value did remove the blank line in the List Box for the single select cascading parameter, but not for the multi-select cascading parameter. I am still trying to figure out how to remove the blank line in the List Box for the multi-select cascading parameter.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi, <br />
<br />
I am also facing the same problem. Can you please provide the possible solution that you tried at your end.