Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 2.6.x buildOverflowStyle error on some reports
shikaris
Ever since I upgraded to BIRT 2.6.x from 2.3.2 I have been getting buildOverflowStyle error for some reports (new reports that were created in BIRT 2.6.x/ Eclipse Helios).
I read somewhere that this might be a bug and has been addressed in 2.6.1. So, I updated to 2.6.1 service release. I still get the error. Plus the designer version is now 3.2.22 and runtime complains that it is an invalid version. So, I have to manually change the version to 3.2.21 to get it past that. However, the buildOverflowStyle error happens.
I also added the suggested workaround. Still no luck. The report renders if I deploy it under BIRT web viewer.
HTMLRenderOption htmlOption = new HTMLRenderOption();
//Added - suggested workaround
htmlOption.setEnableAgentStyleEngine(true);
htmlOption.setEmbeddable(true);
Please help me resolve the error.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
What 2.6.1 build number did you use?
Bug links are:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=318062
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321144
Jason
shikaris
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="68118" data-time="1283539797" data-date="03 September 2010 - 11:49 AM"><p>
What 2.6.1 build number did you use?<br />
Bug links are:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=318062'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=318062</a><br
/>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321144'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321144</a><br
/>
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
2.6.1.v20100819 Build <2.6.1.v20100831-0630
JasonW
Can you try:
2_6_1-S20100907
from
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build_list.php
Also how are you running it? In a servlet?
Jason
shikaris
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="68175" data-time="1283870232" data-date="07 September 2010 - 07:37 AM"><p>
Can you try:<br />
2_6_1-S20100907<br />
from <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build_list.php'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build_list.php</a><br
/>
<br />
Also how are you running it? In a servlet?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
I will try it soon. I am running it in a portlet - Jetspeed2. It is built based on the example here <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Portlet_Example_(BIRT)_2.1'>BIRT
Portlet Viewer</a>
JasonW
It may be a good idea to add your comment to one of the bugs listed above as well.
Jason
shikaris
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="68211" data-time="1283894603" data-date="07 September 2010 - 02:23 PM"><p>
It may be a good idea to add your comment to one of the bugs listed above as well.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Looks like it works with the 09/07 stable build. However, it looks like the stable build runtime package is missing mozilla rhino in the plugins. I added that back in to get it working.
JasonW
Thanks for trying this.
Jason