Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Support for WebKit Browsers in BIRT
bshannon
I'm surprised to see that even the newest releases of BIRT don't support Safari/Chrome. I'm still on 2.3.1, but played with the most recent releases just to check.
Chrome and Safari *still* don't work! This seems important.
Has anybody found a solution. Do I have to start paying for a real Actuate version to get Chrome/Safari support?
Brandon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bshannon
I mean...it's cool if I do need to upgrade to a real Actuate product to get Chrome/Safari support. It's your Open Source project and I realize that the whole point is to get Java people into the Actuate camp. If that's a BIRT limitation that is going to be around for a long time then I just need to know so that I can plan. <br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Brandon<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'bshannon'" data-cid="68111" data-time="1283522101" data-date="03 September 2010 - 06:55 AM"><p>
I'm surprised to see that even the newest releases of BIRT don't support Safari/Chrome. I'm still on 2.3.1, but played with the most recent releases just to check.<br />
<br />
Chrome and Safari *still* don't work! This seems important.<br />
<br />
Has anybody found a solution. Do I have to start paying for a real Actuate version to get Chrome/Safari support?<br />
<br />
Brandon<br /></p></blockquote>
johnw
Its not a limitation of BIRT, its the web viewer itself. The web viewer is an "example" project that shows how BIRT can be integrated into a product, in its case a simple web viewer. BIRT can support any client side technology since it is run server side. I've made my own web viewer before using the Google Web Toolkit, which has 100% WebKit support. Depending on what you need out of your viewer, perhaps a similar approach can be taken.
bshannon
OK, well...awhile back a new version of FireFox came out, and the same issue ( or it appears it was the same issue...XML Parser related I think ) happened on FireFox for awhile. Then, in about BIRT version 2.3 or 2.3.1 the BIRT team fixed that and now FireFox works with the 'example' viewer.<br />
<br />
So, does the BIRT team have any plans to make Webkit based browsers work with their example viewer application?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="68203" data-time="1283892771" data-date="07 September 2010 - 01:52 PM"><p>
Its not a limitation of BIRT, its the web viewer itself. The web viewer is an "example" project that shows how BIRT can be integrated into a product, in its case a simple web viewer. BIRT can support any client side technology since it is run server side. I've made my own web viewer before using the Google Web Toolkit, which has 100% WebKit support. Depending on what you need out of your viewer, perhaps a similar approach can be taken.<br /></p></blockquote>
johnw
Not sure. Best way to find out is to submit a bug to the Bugzilla database over at www.eclipse.com/birt.