Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table page break
snikes
All,<br />
<br />
I am using BIRT 2.5.1 with Eclipse 3.5.1<br />
I have a two scripted data sets, using a scripted data source to retrieve the data from the d/b.<br />
The report consists for two nested tables (one for order and the the other for order details), something like this...<br />
<br />
Table1(t1)<br />
Row1 t1: OrderId and other details<br />
Table2(t2)<br />
Row1 t2: Order details<br />
Row2 t2: Order details<br />
.<br />
Row'n' t2: Order details<br />
<strong class='bbc'><page break></strong><br />
Row2 t1: OrderId and other details<br />
....<br />
<br />
Is this possible in BIRT?<br />
<br />
All the columns associated to table1 and table2 are populated by javascript on the open and fetch methods of orderDataSet and orderDetailDataSet respectively. The data is rendered correctly but I am unable to add the page break. I tried setting the page break interval property of the table but that does not seem to work.<br />
Any solution would be appreciated.<br />
<br />
Please see the source file attached.<br />
<br />
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Set the T2 to PageBreak After
snikes
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="68190" data-time="1283875636" data-date="07 September 2010 - 09:07 AM"><p>
Set the T2 to PageBreak After<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks.<br />
<br />
I tried adding After = "Always" on the pagebreak of table2. However it does not work.<br />
Any other ideas or thoughts?
thuston
That should work. Try to turn off the pagebreak Avoid on the containing Detail Row of the outer table.
snikes
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="68197" data-time="1283887013" data-date="07 September 2010 - 12:16 PM"><p>
That should work. Try to turn off the pagebreak Avoid on the containing Detail Row of the outer table.<br /></p></blockquote>
After I use the Avoid page break on the outer table it works fine. But I have got another problem now. I need to render few more columns in the outer table after the inner table. So essentially I am looking for a page break after the first row of the outer table.<br />
<br />
Outer Table1:<br />
Row1: <data><br />
<inner table><br />
<data><br />
[Page Break]<br />
Row2: <data><br />
<inner table><br />
<data>