Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Joint Data Set with Scripted and JDBC functioning improperly
stoddard
I created a scripted data set and a jdbc data set and joined the two together. The preview data works great as would be expected (so the joint data set is constructed correctly), but when I try to use the new joint data set by including it into the report layout by dragging and dropping it won't let me. Also, when I try to use the joint data set in a chart it lets me select it, but I can't drag the columns to select the data. It recognizes it as a legitimate data set but the data set is unusable in both situations.
Are scripted data sets supported in joint data sets? Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.
I am using BIRT inside Helios on Linux.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi stoddard,
It'll let you place each individual dataSet into the layout, but not the joint dataSet? I thought I had heard of an issue like this a while back, but I thought it was fixed. I'll have to look into that. Have you tried starting over in a new report to see if maybe there was a glitch of some sort?
stoddard
Thanks for the response. I just tried it fresh in a new report and it did the same thing. Strange because it doesn't even have the option on the right mouse to insert into the layout, but when you preview the joint data set it previews the data I want, so it is working but not in the layout or charts. Is joining scripted data sets supported?
mwilliams
Yes, it should be. I'm about 100% certain I've done it.
Like I said before, I think I saw an issue of this in a previous version, but thought it was fixed. Please enter a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
. I'll post in here if I find any more information on this topic.
stoddard
Thanks, I'll file the bug.