Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameters in Data Set query
bjw
Hallo,
I have a data set with a query that returns values in a table. I want to assign a parameter to the data set in order to allow the user to filter the results. It works fine with an integer. But, i can not do it with a string or a date. It looks simple, but it does not work. It returns me an exception. Am i doing sth wrong? I have assigned a string parameter to the data set and i say for example in my query..where name(or date) like ? . And i got exception when i preview results. Any help?
Thank a lot,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Don't you think that, in order to be able to help you, you should tell us what the exception is that you get?
bjw
thanks for the answer
"An unexpected internal exception occurred. Please see log for detail.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Designer UI
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui
Version:2.5.1.v20090903
Error Code:Error.GUIException.invokedByUnexpectedException
Error Message:Caused by java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException."
Thank you,
I hope it helps
mwilliams
Hi bjw,
Yes, please let us know the exception you're getting. Using a string or a date parameter should be just as simple as an integer. As long as "name" is a string field,
select *
from tableName
where name = ?
Then linking this dataSet parameter with a report parameter for the user to enter of type string. This should work. The preview results tab in the dataSet editor uses the default parameter value, so you'll want to make sure you put in a default value to see the results.
mwilliams
Looks like you replied as I was typing my reply. Can you attach your report design? I'll take a look and see if I see anything that might cause this. Have you checked your log file?