Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
master page header issue after upgrade
dbh03079
I recently upgraded from BIRT 2.5.2 to 2.6. In 2.5.2, if my master page has header elements that will cause it to be a greater height than the inherited "header height" property (.5in by default) and I'm rendering to PDF output, the entire header is shown. In 2.6, the header is truncated to the header height.
Is there a setting that will allow the header to "grow" and exceed the default height like it did in 2.5.2? Setting the "header height" to an explicit value for each report is not a desirable option since some reports have optional rows in the header which may be hidden based on the data in the report.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi dbh03079,
Initially, this sounds like a bug. Please log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
.
dbh03079
Thanks...bug 324908 has been submitted.
dbh03079
Follow-up to bug submission: the behavior in 2.5.2 was actually a bug that was fixed because the report "layout preference" property is "Fixed Layout". Changing the report to "Auto Layout" fixes the output in 2.6.
So, the next question becomes is there a way to globally change the inherited settings like this? For example, is there a way to get all my report files to use "Auto Layout" without explicitly setting it in each one? I would need this to work through both the Report Designer and through Report Engine.
mwilliams
Sorry, I probably should have suggested that!
I don't think that there's going to be any way to change that globally. You'll have to change it in each report most likely.