Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to save exported .doc file from BIRT Viewer as "Word Document(*.doc)" document
MPST
Hi,
I am using BIRT Viewer for exporting report in DOC File, When I am trying to save this DOC file I am getting "XML Document(*.xml)" as "Save as type" option instead of "Word Document(*.doc)" option. I need "Word Document(*.doc)" option instead of "XML Document(*.xml)" as "Save as type" option.
Same thing happening for .XLS file too.
How I can do it by using java code or by making changes in my .rptdesign file.
Many thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi MPST,<br />
<br />
I know that the file type emitted by BIRT for XLS and DOC is XML based, that's probably why that is happening. Have you tried just making the extension on your filename '.doc'? For the XLS emitter, you could try the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/33-tribix---extended-emitters-for-birt/'>Tribix
XLS Emitter</a>. I believe it has a true binary XLS output.