Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table Group
kosta
Hello BIRT Community,
I have bind data set to a table and defined one group under the Group-Tab.
My problem is that the grouping is sorting my output and this I want to avoid.
Is there any way to turn off this beautiful sorting?
I see only two radio button where you can select between ascending and descending kind of sorting.
Maybe a new radio button should be placed there with the "none" value.
(I have tried this in the XML editor but it seems that this state is not defined yet)
But I still need some fancy workaround.
Thank you in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kosta
Hello again,
I solve this by using the sort value in my XML data source and using the sorting-tab which is placed at the bottom of the "Edit Group" window.
Cheers.
johnw
Groups by default will sort by the value you use as a sort key. If you want to override this, change this to sort by rownum or some other running count, this should keep them in the order they come in from the dataset.<br />
<br />
John<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kosta'" data-cid="68385" data-time="1284457202" data-date="14 September 2010 - 02:40 AM"><p>
Hello BIRT Community,<br />
<br />
I have bind data set to a table and defined one group under the Group-Tab.<br />
<br />
My problem is that the grouping is sorting my output and this I want to avoid.<br />
Is there any way to turn off this beautiful sorting?<br />
<br />
I see only two radio button where you can select between ascending and descending kind of sorting.<br />
Maybe a new radio button should be placed there with the "none" value.<br />
(I have tried this in the XML editor but it seems that this state is not defined yet)<br />
<br />
But I still need some fancy workaround.<br />
<br />
Thank you in advance.<br /></p></blockquote>