Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Max report parameter size
kallem
Hi,
I am opening BIRT report viewer using BIRT taglib with jsp. When report is opened I pass parameters to the report using birt:param. One of the parameters is string representing report data. This parameter can be quite long and when long enough then rest of the string is cut away. As that happens I don't get all the data in the report. Now I wonder what causes this.. I assume it is related to url, is it? My assumption is based on the info I found that report parameter size isn't restricted in report. Is there a way to get parameters in the report wholly?
Thanks in advance,
Kalle
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you put your data in a session object instead of a parameter?
You could then retrieve it in the report using script event or expression like:
var pl = reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getSession().getAttribute("prodline");
Jason
kallem
Well, there is the issue of losing session and request objects when redirecting. I did post about it earlier.
What I'd like to know is whether it is url related reason that parameter gets clipped when dispatched as BIRT taglib param?
- Kalle
JasonW
Is this a normal url parameter or a report parameter. If it is getting clipped in the param tag, I would guess this is a bug. If so can you log it in bugzilla?
Jason
kallem
It is a report param using BIRT taglib <birt:param />. Here is part from my jsp file:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
...
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/birt.tld" prefix="birt"%>
...
<birt:viewer id="birtViewer" isHostPage="true" reportDesign="test.rptdesign">
<birt:param name="JSONData" value="<%=reportData%>" />
</birt:viewer>
...
</pre>
<br />
Was this the way of use you meant when guessing for a bug? If so I will report it.<br />
<br />
- Kalle
JasonW
yes, can you report it?
Jason
kallem
I just did some checking how much data can be passed using taglib with string param and found out that problem isn't text lenght but content
This is part from my text:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>... {'Value':'257|354',' ...</pre>
<br />
The root of the problem is the pipe character. If I replace them with e.g. lines then no clipping happens. Is this intentional or a bug?<br />
<br />
- Kalle -
JasonW
Looks like a bug. Can you log it?
kallem
Yep, bug id 325711.
- Kalle
JasonW
Thanks for logging this.
Jason