Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Date parameter w/o Time
cobirtops
I'm using a date parameter for a datetime field. Is there a way to "mask" the field in the dataset query so that when the user is prompted with the parameter and enters a date in the mm/dd/yyyy format, it will ignore the timestamp of the field and return records based on the date alone? I tried "to_char(date,'mm/dd/yyyy')" but it no workie.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
mm/dd/yyyy is not a valid mask for a date or datetime type. You need to use yyyy-mm-dd as the mask.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cobirtops'" data-cid="68393" data-time="1284471414" data-date="14 September 2010 - 06:36 AM"><p>
I'm using a date parameter for a datetime field. Is there a way to "mask" the field in the dataset query so that when the user is prompted with the parameter and enters a date in the mm/dd/yyyy format, it will ignore the timestamp of the field and return records based on the date alone? I tried "to_char(date,'mm/dd/yyyy')" but it no workie.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>