Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
More than 1 table - BIRT tries to justify in XLS
al91206
Hi,
I'm kind of frustrated. I have a report with 2 tables. One on top of another. It looks fine in HTML and via the Interactive Viewer, but when it's exported to Excel it appears BIRT tries to justify the tables and the table with fewer fields gets multiple merged columns so that it will match the width of the larger table.
Is there any way to just let the smaller table stay smaller - and export cell by cell? Our users understandably don't want merged cells.
Any help is appreciated - I came up with an example using the Classic Models datasource. Export to excel to see the problem.
Thanks,
Al
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Al,
This is also done in BIRT 2.6.0. I don't think there is any way to change this with a setting in BIRT. If you were to set the width of the second table to 50%, it wouldn't be as wide as the first table, but this is probably not what you're wanting to have to do. You might try the Tribix emitter for XLS and see what it does.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/33-tribix---extended-emitters-for-birt/
al91206
Just a note for others struggling with this, the team here made a discovery. If you fix the cell width to the same size - so Table 1 = 11 inches wide / if you make Table 2 also 11 inches wide via the column widths the cells in Excel will not merge.
Table 1 - 5 columns = 11 inches
Table 2 - 2 columns = 11 inches - that will ensure you will not get merged columns in Excel.
I'll post something on devshare about it, but hope you get the idea.
Thanks!
Al
mwilliams
Al,
Thanks for the update!