Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export to PDF changes Font
jack3
I created a report in BIRT Eclipse designer 2.5.0 and when I deploy it to the application where it is to be ran, everything looks great. The font shows up as Verdana, when I export it to Excel the font is correctly displayed as Verdana, but when I export or print to PDF the font changes to Times New Roman. Anyone know why this would be? And is it possible to change it?
Thanks,
Jack
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Jack,
I do not have the same issue. Is the text in your report standard verdana? Or do you do any underlining, bolding, etc.? What PDF reader are you using and what version?
jack3
Michael,
I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.
The font is standard Verdana at sizes that range from 6.5 points to 8 points. No special bolding, underlining, or anything of the sort.
I've attached a side by side screenshot so you can see the difference. Kind of puzzling.
Thanks,
Jack
mwilliams
Jack,
I do not see the screenshots. Something must not have worked.
Does this happen when opening in the deployed viewer, then exporting to PDF, running the web viewer from the designer, then exporting to PDF, or just rendering in PDF from the designer? Or multiple of the above?