Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hide subgroup row when blank?
jack3
Hey guys,
I am developing a report where I have 5 Groups in one table. It looks something like this:
Parent Goal
-Main Goal
-Strategies
-Plans
-Projects
Each group is shown on a new line in the table, but putting data in the same column (ie the Name column contains the names of all of the Goals, strategies, plans, and projects).
My issue is that not all Plans may have a project, and right now it shows a blank line. Is there a way to get rid of this line? I've tried selecting the row and switching "show if blank" under advanced to False. I've also tried "filtering" the "Project Group" on isNotNull. But this takes away all of the data for the parent groups (ie if there is no project it wouldn't show the plans or strategies, that still exist).
If you need anything from me please let me know?
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Jack
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Jack,
What version of BIRT are you using? You're saying when your plan does not have a project, no projects show, but a blank line shows under the plan? Is this correct? If so, is there a blank spot under the projects when there are projects listed? If you can recreate your issue with the sample database, attach the report, and let me know your BIRT version, I'll take a look to see how it's set up and what might be causing this.
johnw
Set a visibility expression. So, select the row, and under the visibility expression for the row, you would put something like:<br />
<br />
((row["project"] == null) || (row["project"].length < 1))<br />
<br />
Which basically states if the project row is null (not assigned), or if the length of the project string is less than 1, return true, which will trigger the visilibility expression.<br />
<br />
John<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jack3'" data-cid="68440" data-time="1284563463" data-date="15 September 2010 - 08:11 AM"><p>
Hey guys,<br />
<br />
I am developing a report where I have 5 Groups in one table. It looks something like this:<br />
<br />
Parent Goal<br />
-Main Goal<br />
-Strategies<br />
-Plans<br />
-Projects<br />
<br />
Each group is shown on a new line in the table, but putting data in the same column (ie the Name column contains the names of all of the Goals, strategies, plans, and projects). <br />
<br />
My issue is that not all Plans may have a project, and right now it shows a blank line. Is there a way to get rid of this line? I've tried selecting the row and switching "show if blank" under advanced to False. I've also tried "filtering" the "Project Group" on isNotNull. But this takes away all of the data for the parent groups (ie if there is no project it wouldn't show the plans or strategies, that still exist).<br />
<br />
If you need anything from me please let me know? <br />
<br />
Thanks for any help you can provide,<br />
<br />
Jack<br /></p></blockquote>
jack3
Michael/John,<br />
<br />
Thanks for the reply. I ended up solving it similar to how John pointed out:<br />
<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Select that particular row, then in the Property Editor, select "Visibility". Check the "Hide Element" box and then add an Expression like the following:<br />
<br />
if ( row["COLUMN_NAME"] == null ){<br />
true<br />
} else {<br />
false<br />
}</p>
<br />
That was a reponse from David in an email. Thanks again for the quick responses!<br />
<br />
Jack