Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Query expression with BIRT Chart
JayP
Hi,
I'm trying to set a dynamic query expression in a Line chart that I'm designing using BIRT. I would appreciate any help on this.
My problem:
I would like to set a filter condition to my pre-created dataset to filter the records of my second column (cols[2]) based on the filter condition on the first column (cols[0]). Here's the piece of code I'm using.
// X series
Series xCategory = SeriesImpl.create();
xCategory.getDataDefinition().add(QueryImpl.create("row[\"" + cols[0] + "\"]"));
// Y series
LineSeries yCategory = (LineSeries) LineSeriesImpl.create();
Query fileUploadQuery = QueryImpl.create("row[\"" + cols[2] + "\"]" );
yCategory.getDataDefinition().add(fileUploadQuery);
I would also like to remove any duplicate row from the first column (cols[0]).
Thanks in advance for the help.
JayP
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Is there a reason you couldn't just do the filtering on the dataset itself, or drop it in a table? What version of BIRT are you using? In the 2.5 and 2.6 series, there is a filter option in the Data Editor tab.