Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PDF page numbering using ReportEngine
javadev21
Hi All,
When using the ReportEngine to render a PDF report, the page numbering only increments after each group and not when the data for a particular group spans into another page. I tested this using the Sample database. I grouped the Customer table by country and whenever a group spans multiple pages, the page numbering does not increment. I used the "Page n of m" autotext and set the Page Break After to "Always" for the group. Please see the attached PDF report. One example on this report is for France where both page 7 and page 8 say "Page 7 / 32". Am I missing an option that needs to be set to also increment the page number when a group spans multiple pages? I am using version 2.6.0.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
javadev21
I downloaded the 2.5.2 Engine and was able to get the correct page numbering when using this version. The issue I was facing might have been due to the fact the I was using Eclipse BIRT Designer 2.5.2 to design the report and the 2.6.0 Engine to generate the report. However, I can't be certain that was the issue. With the 2.5.2 Engine, I'm no longer seeing this behavior and I've attached the same sample report as before with the page numbering now correct.