Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Calling a procedure before generating a report
mmarto
Hi guys,
Can someone give me an advise on how to execute an oracle stored procedure prior to generating a report in BIRT.
My procedure doesn't return any cursor. And I want to run it before the select I have in the dataset.
What is the best way to achive this?
Thanx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
_Petr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mmarto'" data-cid="68526" data-time="1284737385" data-date="17 September 2010 - 08:29 AM"><p>
Hi guys,<br />
<br />
Can someone give me an advise on how to execute an oracle stored procedure prior to generating a report in BIRT.<br />
My procedure doesn't return any cursor. And I want to run it before the select I have in the dataset.<br />
What is the best way to achive this?<br />
<br />
Thanx<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi mmarto.<br />
You can execute an oracle store procedure through script - beforeFactory.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
procedure = new Packages.com.oracle.Procedure();
procedire.init();
</pre>
where com.oracle.Procedire() - this Java class<br />
init() - method executing oracle procedure.