Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Concat
KinG
Hi friends,
May I know how can I use concat function in BIRT 2.1.2?
Thank You.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling
Hi KinG,
Do you speak about the Javascript concat function ? If yes you can use it for example as follow in the expression builder :
var parents = ["Jani", "Tove"];
var children = ["Cecilie", "Lone"];
var family = parents.concat(children);
new String(family)
Here are some information regarding this Javascript function :
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_concat_array.asp
Hope it helps ...
KinG
Hi Friends,
I am really sorry for my late reply.
I met accident last week ago, so I just today came to work.
The concat problem, I found solution but not in BIRT. I did concat in my query.
By the way, I still want to know how I can use the concat function in expression builder in BIRT?
The concat function is available in BIRT 2.1.2 but I dont know how to use it.
Here, I attached the screenshot where I found the function.
Please help me.
jhelbling
Hi KinG,
Did you try using the concat function just like in my previous example ? See the attached screenshot.
Of course you can then use data coming from your dataSet by simply navigating through : Available Column > DataSet(Name)
Hope it helps.
KinG
Hi Friend,<br />
<br />
I tried the script and it works.<br />
But I cant get the result that I want for report.<br />
Let me explain.<br />
<br />
The query displays as below.<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Ponum</span> <span class='bbc_underline'>Prnum</span><br />
20522 1045<br />
20522 1048<br />
20522 1049<br />
<br />
How can I make this data displayed as below?<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Ponum</span> <span class='bbc_underline'>Prnum</span><br />
20522 1045,1048,1049<br />
<br />
Can I use concat in BIRT?<br />
<br />
I am really appreciate your help.<br />
Please help me.
Sankari
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'KinG'" data-cid="68911" data-time="1285818728" data-date="29 September 2010 - 08:52 PM"><p>
Hi Friend,<br />
<br />
I tried the script and it works.<br />
But I cant get the result that I want for report.<br />
Let me explain.<br />
<br />
The query displays as below.<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Ponum</span> <span class='bbc_underline'>Prnum</span><br />
20522 1045<br />
20522 1048<br />
20522 1049<br />
<br />
How can I make this data displayed as below?<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Ponum</span> <span class='bbc_underline'>Prnum</span><br />
20522 1045,1048,1049<br />
<br />
Can I use concat in BIRT?<br />
<br />
I am really appreciate your help.<br />
Please help me.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Hi King,<br />
<br />
Did u find the solution for the above issue.<br />
<br />
I too face a similar kind of issue for appending items.<br />
<br />
Please tell me how u resolved the issue <br />
<br />
I would really be grateful if u help me in this regard..<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Prasad.
pricher
You can use the CONCATENATE function in an aggregation. Please refer to the following <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21170-aggregating-data-by-row/'>post</a>
; for a discussion on how to do this.<br />
<br />
P.