Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SQL-Server-Connection
gowi
Hi,
I recently downloaded the all-in-one-BIRT-report-designer. So far I do not manage to establish a connection to our MS SQL-Server. I guess I do not deploy the right entry parameter. First I downloaded a JDBC driver and managed to implement it.
Actually I struggle how to point to the SQL-Server.
(1) Driver Class: I chose the MS-JDBC-driver
(2) Data base URL: What do I have to fill in, I typed the Server IP ... leading to an error message "selectet driver cannot parse the given URL"
(3)User name: o.k.
(4) passwort: o.k.
(5) JNDI URL: ? what have to be filled in?
I admit that my experience with such tools is fairly limited, the answer might be easy. Nevertheless I would appreciate any help. Many thanks in advance.
Best regards
gowi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
You need to check with the Driver vendor to see what a valid URL syntax is.
Maybe this one?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378428(SQL.90).aspx
jdbc:sqlserver://IPAddress:1433;databaseName=myInstance;