Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
conditional hyperlinking
griffinm
I am creating a report that will allow users to link to more detail outside the report if it exists. I have a condition created in the Expression builder to show Available or Not Available, and I want to add a link to the detail anytime the detail is available. How do I add a conditional hyperlink based on the results of my expression?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
In the control hyperlink property you can use javascript to conditionally create the link.
if ( row["availability"] <> 'Not Available' )
"
http://google.com"
;
mwilliams
Hi griffinm,
What do you mean you have a condition created in the expression builder? Are you talking about having a computed column that tells you if you have detail data to drill to or not? Let me know.
griffinm
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="68595" data-time="1285017671" data-date="20 September 2010 - 02:21 PM"><p>
Hi griffinm,<br />
<br />
What do you mean you have a condition created in the expression builder? Are you talking about having a computed column that tells you if you have detail data to drill to or not? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Yes, I have the following expression, so that I can turn Y/N flags in the database into "Details" or "Not Available", accordingly:<br />
<br />
if (dataSetRow["DTL_EXIST_FL"] == 'Y') {<br />
displayString = "Details"<br />
}<br />
else{ <br />
displayString="Not Available"<br />
}
mwilliams
Then you should definitely be able to do something like thuston says in the hyperlink expression for location. Or does this approach not work for you?
johnw
Not sure if this helps, but this is an example that will link to another report under one data condition, or to google if there is another. If your just looking to link to an outside URL, then thustons idea will work. If you have any other complex logic, such as other reports, etc, you will want to use something like this.
John