Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Limiting amount of rows in a table
cwrTalgo
Hi,
I just finished my first BIRT report, I have it running stand-alone as well as from Maximo 7.1. It is based on an official form that has a limit of 30 rows per page. The query, which is quite complex, runs fine and I don't mind getting more than 30 records from the database, what I'd like to do is getting BIRT to display an error dialog if the amount of rows in the table exceeds 30 and then abort the execution. What would be the simplest approach? Filter? Script? And if it has to be a script, where should I put it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi lopisaur,
You could just filter out 30 results from what's returned for your display.
thuston
Yeah, filter row number <= 30 or add a Fetch limit to the query.
In the Table footer create an Aggregate binding of Count() (delete the control and the binding will persist).
Then add a Label 'Too many rows, only 30 shown!'
Set the visibility expression to hide the label if datarow["myAggregate"] < 30