Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cannot change dynamically the input parameter of joint data set
frenchGuy
Hi,<br />
I will explain my problem with the joint data set with this simple example :<br />
<br />
I a a report with 4 data sets :<br />
- data set : list-country<br />
It contains one column which name is country<br />
- data set : city-and-populationCount-by-country<br />
It contains 3 columns which are city, populationCount and country<br />
This data set takes a parameter <strong class='bbc'>"country"</strong> which is the name of the country. And lists the population by city for this country.<br />
- data set : city-and-carCount<br />
It contains 2 columns which are city and carCount<br />
- data set : join-car-and-population<br />
It joins city-and-population-count-by-country and city-and-carCount on the column city<br />
<br />
My problem is that I need to graph the carCount and populationCount by city on the same graph. And I need to repeat this graph by country.<br />
<br />
- So I first create a list that binds on list-country. <br />
- Then I create a graph in the detail row of this list<br />
- The graph binds on join-car-and-population.<br />
- To repeat the graph by country I link the data set parameter <strong class='bbc'>"country"</strong> with the result of the list (row["country"]). (the parameter comes from the data set <br />
<br />
<br />
This system works when I a using a simple data set. But with the joint data set, I always got the same values in the chart. I think that joint the data set parameter is not taken in account.<br />
<br />
Could you help me with this?<br />
<br />
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
frenchGuy
I am using BIRT 2.5.0.
mwilliams
Hi frenchGuy,
I'll try to set the same up to recreate your issue. I'll let you know what I find out. If I'm unable to reproduce the issue, I'll ask you if you can!
mwilliams
frenchGuy,
At first I didn't see the issue when I added the joint dataSet into a list and set the parameter binding to the outer list value. The problem came when I added a second use of the joint dataSet to the report. Then, I got an issue where a single country's values were repeated for each line. Are you using the joint dataSet for another report item outside this inner table?
mwilliams
Just checked 2.6.0. The issue does not appear to happen there. Must've been a bug that was fixed.
frenchGuy
Hi mwilliams,
You are right, I am using the joint data set two time in the same report.
What I am trying to do is graph the bandwith usage by interface on network equipment.
The first graph will show the incoming traffic and the second graph will show the outgoing traffic.
I just need to change one parameter to use the joint data set for the incoming or outgoing traffic.
And I can't use two different joint data set because my final joint data set is the result of joining 5 simple data sets( and each simple data set has parameters).
I don't want to have 18 data sets instead of 9 data sets.
Do you have a solution?
Could we resolve that problem by unsetting persistent variables by scripting or something like that?
Thanks for your help!
frenchGuy
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="68729" data-time="1285278877" data-date="23 September 2010 - 02:54 PM"><p>
Just checked 2.6.0. The issue does not appear to happen there. Must've been a bug that was fixed.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I didn't saw your reply. It's'not easy to cook and post via blackberry at the same time
. I will try with birt 2.6.0.<br />
I will try 2.6.0 tomorrow.<br />
Did you notice any compatibility problem between 2.5.0 and 2.6.0?<br />
I will create another post for this topic.<br />
Where can I found the bug fix list?<br />
<br />
Thanks!
frenchGuy
The problem was resolved with birt 2.6.0.
Thanks!
mwilliams
frenchGuy,
Not a problem! Always glad to help! You can search the bugs reported and resolved by following the link to the bugzilla system at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
. Let us know whenever you have questions!