Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Rows on Page and Page Breaks
cobirtops
Fellas,
My report is on landscaped legal. My Page Break Interval is at 40. I have the 'Page n or m' control on it. When I print, the "pagination" doesn't appear on every page. It appears on the page (usually the 3rd page) after the report has listed 40 rows. It'll show "1 of m" (not "3 of m") because, I assume, the BIRT viewer thinks that even if 3 pages have printed, it took 3 pages to print 40 rows which is where my interval is at. And of course, the 3rd page maybe only has 10 or so rows on it, so it then page breaks to the next page leaving lotsa whitespace. Is there a fix to this other than setting the interval to "0" so that all pages are filled up? Not a desirable option since my header will only appear on Page 1.
Thanks very much!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi cobirtops,
What is your BIRT version? Could you set your page break interval to an amount that fits on your page with the setup you have?
cobirtops
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="68753" data-time="1285333553" data-date="24 September 2010 - 06:05 AM"><p>
Hi cobirtops,<br />
<br />
What is your BIRT version? Could you set your page break interval to an amount that fits on your page with the setup you have?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
v 3.5.1<br />
<br />
I settled with my page break interval at '0' and removed the page n of m control. It seems that no matter what value I put for my interval, rows 'bleed' into the next page and that page page breaks, so I have pages where there are very few records on it.
mwilliams
Can you recreate this issue with the sample database? I'd like to see it to see if I can find a way around it.
mwilliams
I'm guessing if you found the page that allowed the least amount of lines on it and put that amount as your page break interval, you wouldn't have any issues, but I could be wrong. You can always log a bug for it at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
. Using 0 like you said, used to work, but from your issue and others' issues, it sounds like onPageBreak doesn't get called in a natural page break in PDF anymore, so it would make that not work anymore.