We have a dedicated web application that runs BIRT reports.
We have another application that needs to embed (use the output) from our BIRT report web application.
The main application is built using ExtJs so it is really a vast collection of javascript code within JSP's
The end result is that I want to take the output (response?) from my Report web and send it to the ExtJs window of the calling application.
Both web application are deployed to a WebSphere 6.1 appserver packaged within a single EAR.
The Report application can be access directly from the bowser.
"
http://localhost:9081/ReportWeb/reports.jsp?Report=krireport.rptdesign"
Not a problem.
When called from within the other app I get nothing.
Within reports.jsp we have the following relevant tags tags:
String Report_Name = request.getParameter("Report");
String forwardPage = "/run?__report=report\\" + Report_Name + "&__showtitle=false";
<jsp:forward page="<%=forwardPage %>">
<jsp:param name="RP_Log_Path" value="<%=LogPath %>"/>
<jsp:param name="RP_JNDI_Name" value="<%=JNDIName %>"/>
</jsp:forward>
I think the problem is that jsp:forward will forward to another jsp or servlet as long as it is in the same application context as the forwarding JSP file.
My calling application is in another context. That is another web application within the same server.
Any observations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am using BIRT 2.3 and WebSphere 6.1