Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Drill Through no working when deployed
rtruban
Hello all,
I am having a problem getting a drill through report working when I deploy the reports to the Web-Viewer. I have a bar-chart, and a detail report. It works perfectly when I run it from designer, but when I upload it to the server and try to run it from the Web-Viewer the bars in the bar-chart are not 'clickable' and it will not launch the detail report.
Both reports live in the same directory... It works fine in both PDF and HTML from designer... I can't think of anything else to check! I looked at the XML of the chart report and there doesn't appear to be any 'path' just the name of the detail report. I am using 2.6....
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hello Rob,
Are your reports in a "report" folder inside the deployed viewer? If so, you might set the path to include this folder. I think it might need to be relative to the viewer directory. Not sure that this would cause the chart bars to not have links though. Is this a problem that has just risen in 2.6? Is this only on drill through hyperlinks? Not when you just link to google.com or something? Let me know.
rtruban
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="68854" data-time="1285698446" data-date="28 September 2010 - 11:27 AM"><p>
Hello Rob,<br />
<br />
Are your reports in a "report" folder inside the deployed viewer? If so, you might set the path to include this folder. I think it might need to be relative to the viewer directory. Not sure that this would cause the chart bars to not have links though. Is this a problem that has just risen in 2.6? Is this only on drill through hyperlinks? Not when you just link to google.com or something? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Michael,<br />
<br />
I do have a 'report' folder. I don't have any other types of hyperlinks, so I am not sure if this is a specific issue to drill-through's. Also this is the 1st time I have tried to deploy a drill through so I am not sure if it is specific to 2.6. <br />
<br />
For what its worth, when you create a drill-through hyperlink it will only let you choose reports that are in the current project and it does not allow you to tack a folder name to the front of the report name in a UNC\URI like fashion... Since there is no way to put in a full path other than editing the XML by hand, I am making a an assumption that as long as the chart report and the detail report are in the same directory on the Web-Viewer that is should be able to find it. <br />
<br />
Another possible factor could be the parameter. It is a multi-select that is being used in a filter which filtering on a computed column. So there is not a data set parameter linked to report parameter. The parameter is used in an 'IN' expression in a data set filter.<br />
<br />
I will create a simpler report and see if that is it. But I will need to figure out how to get this to work with the computed column and data set filter.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
Rob
rtruban
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rtruban'" data-cid="68850" data-time="1285694490" data-date="28 September 2010 - 10:21 AM"><p>
Hello all,<br />
<br />
I am having a problem getting a drill through report working when I deploy the reports to the Web-Viewer. I have a bar-chart, and a detail report. It works perfectly when I run it from designer, but when I upload it to the server and try to run it from the Web-Viewer the bars in the bar-chart are not 'clickable' and it will not launch the detail report. <br />
<br />
Both reports live in the same directory... It works fine in both PDF and HTML from designer... I can't think of anything else to check! I looked at the XML of the chart report and there doesn't appear to be any 'path' just the name of the detail report. I am using 2.6....<br />
<br />
Any ideas? <br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
<br />
Rob<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Michael,<br />
<br />
I created a simpler report with the same result. The detail report takes a single-select parameter which is the same as the Y-Series in the chart. Works fine in the designer but it does not work in the Web-Viewer.<br />
<br />
Rob
mwilliams
Rob,
Hmmm, I thought I remembered some issue with BIRT making you specify the folder even when they were in the same directory. Must've been something else. I'll set up a master/detail drill through tomorrow in 2.6 and see if I encounter the same issue as you.
rtruban
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="68860" data-time="1285710622" data-date="28 September 2010 - 02:50 PM"><p>
Rob, <br />
<br />
Hmmm, I thought I remembered some issue with BIRT making you specify the folder even when they were in the same directory. Must've been something else. I'll set up a master/detail drill through tomorrow in 2.6 and see if I encounter the same issue as you.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Michael,<br />
<br />
Mystery solved... My bad.. I did not upgrade my Web-Viewer to 2.6, I was still running 2.5.2. Works fine when both the report and viewer are the same version
<br />
<br />
Sorry,<br />
<br />
Rob
mwilliams
Rob,
That'd definitely do it! Glad it was something simple like that rather than a bug!
gyuksel
Hello all,
I have a problem related to drill-through links from master report to details report. My master report has a gantt chart. Each series in this gantt chart has a drill-through link (Mouse Click) to the details report.
When I try it in Eclipse BIRT Preview, it is fine. The links are on the series where they are supposed to be. However when I deploy the design file to jboss and call the page in IE9 the links are shifted down. I mean not directly on the series but a bit down.
If I try it in IE7, it works fine and links are in the correct places.
Is there a compatibility issue?
Also BIRT Charts are not appearing in Firefox at all. What could be the reason?
I use BIRT 3.7.1.
I attach a picture which shows my report and draw two stars on the picture. Red colored star shows the the point where the link is appearing (with tooltip : see details of the project)and green star shows where the link is supposed to be(directly on the series in the chart).
I would appreciate your help,
Thanks in advance!
mwilliams
Can you reproduce the issue in a way that I can run the report and attach it in here? If I add a hyperlink to the series in a gantt chart in BIRT 3.7.1, it works for me correctly in IE9, FF13, and Google Chrome 19.
gyuksel
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your quick response. It seems you are everywhere
I tried to make a sample report which has exactly has the same functionality as the original one. Unfortunately same problems occurs when I deploy it in JBoss and open the page in IE9 and Firefox. (Works f?ne in BIRT Viewer)
IE9: I can see the chart if and only if I choose Document Mode: IE7 Standards through F12 developer tools. Moreover the links are shifted. (see Attached Image WrongPlacedLink_IE9.png)
Firefox: I see the usual error.. (see Attached Image NoChartInFirefox.png)
I do not know if these have something to do with JBoss.
I look forward your response.
Best Regards
Gokhan
mwilliams
Can you attach the sample report that you used? I'll try deploying it in JBoss.
gyuksel
Sorry. I just forgot to attach the report files. Here...
mwilliams
I'm seeing the same as you on JBoss in 3.7.1 and 3.7.2. Let me try in Tomcat. I'll let you know what I see.
mwilliams
Same on Tomcat. File a bug for this at
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php
gyuksel
Hi Michael,
I opened a bug.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384566
Is there a workaround that you can suggest until the bug is fixed?
Thanks for your help.
Best Regards
Gokhan
mwilliams
I'll try it in 4.2, to see if it indeed works in 4.2. If they were just trying it from the designer with external browsers, that also worked in 3.7, so it wouldn't necessarily be fixed. I'll let you know.
gyuksel
Hello,
Regarding to the sample report files I sent before (masterOrders.rptdesign and detailsOrder.rptdesign). I want to change the location of the link which provides access from master report to details report.
I want to put the links on the order numbers. Please see the screen-shot attached. This is the category X series in Report Design. I have already tried to use drill-through on X axis, all the links are getting the same and linking to the last order number(row["ORDERNUMBER"]).
How can I move those links to the order numbers? I would appreciate if you show it on the sample report files.
mwilliams
I don't know that you'll be able to get a hyperlink on the x-axis category, since the actual data isn't available in the chart editor. I'll see if I can figure something out. You could always hide the axis labels in the chart and put a list of the x-axis values alongside the chart, with the hyperlink added to them, acting as the axis labels.
gyuksel
Hi Michael,
The idea putting a list of the x-axis values alongside the chart acting as the axis labels sounds good. I need to keep the corresponding information shown in the series. I mean order number x must have the the corresponding row information y in his series which is displayed against. If this is possible I would like to know about how to do it, with your help
Thanks in advance, I look forward your reponse.
Regards
mwilliams
Here's the option for the list, next to the table. Obviously, you'll have to deal with dynamic sizing for when you have more or less axis values, but this will allow you to have the link on the axis label, instead of the data point.
gyuksel
Thanks for the sample report. This would be a good solution when there is only a certain amount of data. In my report, dataset row number is depend on the filter selection so number of rows in the dataset is dynamic. As you mentioned, dynamic sizing would be the next step. How can I do that?
And regarding the drill-through links on x-axis category, could it be possible using scripts for creating a link using the row information?
The problem about the wrong placed links on the series is still the issue. Firefox is not stable about that. I test it using Firefox 13 and 14, it seems like it is working fine only on some installations. I mentioned it already on Bugzilla(
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384566
). That is why I try to find a proper solution for the link on Gantt chart in between master and details report.
I searched about Firefox plugins required for BIRT reports or SVG. I could not find anything so far. Therefore I do not know what is missing on the Firefox installations which show the link on the wrong spots. Do you have a suggestion on that?
mwilliams
In Firefox 14, it's working correctly, for me. The only one not working right is IE. As for the sizing to make the list match the chart, you'd have to create an aggregation to count the number of orders, then, you'd edit the spacing based on this value. You'd have to do some testing to find the correct spacing changes.