Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt 2.6.1: JDBC connection warning messages
vivash
We are currently testing Birt 2.6.1 and we notice that everytime a report is run we get the following warning in the logs,<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Sep 29, 2010 12:53:49 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection open
WARNING: JDBC connection: oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection@3803f007 is opened
Sep 29, 2010 12:53:51 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection close
WARNING: JDBC connection: oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection@3803f007 is closed
</pre>
<br />
Each time a dataset is run in the report it logs this warning message. This wasn't happening in Birt 2.6.0 - something new in 2.6.1?<br />
<br />
Also, does this mean Birt is opening a new jdbc connection for each data set in a report? Earlier if I remember it used to open only one connection per report execution. Have things changed in that regard in 2.6.1?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
-vivek
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Linda Chan
Vivek,
In reviewing the source code, these 2 log messages are benign.
They should have been logged at a FINE/FINER level, instead of at the WARNING level.
Can you please submit a bug in Bugzilla? Thanks.
Linda
vivash
Thanks Linda. File a bug,
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=326616
Couple of questions,
1) Is there a way to suppress this warning in the log message? I guess I need to change the log level to Error, but that's not really desirable. Any other way?
2) Does every dataset in a report opens a new jdbc connection? I thought Birt opens only one db connection per report and reuses for all datasets in there. Has this behavior changed since Birt 2.3?
-vivek
Linda Chan
>> 1) Is there a way to suppress this warning in the log message? I guess I need to change the log level to Error, but that's not really desirable. Any other way?
Adjusting the logging to a higher log level is the only direct way.
>> 2) Does every dataset in a report opens a new jdbc connection? I thought Birt opens only one db connection per report and reuses for all datasets in there. Has this behavior changed since Birt 2.3?
The behavior is still the same. The source code versions in CVS show that it was only additional logging (at an incorrect log level) that got added.
Linda