Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help with Using Meter Chart and report value
wirzbicki
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Is it just a warning because the value is not calculated during design?
Can you Finish, or is it blocking you?
Can you not inherit the calculated field and instead just do the calculation in the Meter Value Definition?
wirzbicki
Yes, I i can "Finish" the meter setup (even tho it doesn't display anylonger". But when i run it I either get nothing or a BIRT report dump...
I have tried to put the calculation within the meter with no better results. I can try to cobble an example out using the BIRT db so you can see what I mean. This has to be a simple mis-understanding on my part.
again Thanks to all! :wacko:
wirzbicki
Updated Status:
I've gotten success from doing what was recommended from the 1st reply. I did all the calculations within the meter chart and using the inherited fields from the report or parameters.
What I don't understand (the man behind the curtain
) is why the same calculation at the group level didn't work with using the result.
It was a recognized inherited field which was allowed to be selected but caused a report dump to occur when executed.
Again thanks for all the help!
Mike W.