Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to move files&folders,users,jobs,security roles
FaizR
hi all,
i want to know how to move files&folders,users,jobs,security roles from one iserver to another iserver
or in other word i want to migrate from one iserver to another iserver
thanx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling
Hello FaizR,
The following thread might provide you some initial information :
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/19773-backing-up-encyclopedia/page__hl__acexport__fromsearch__1
acexport and acimport will probably be the solution for you ...
averma
Hi FaizR,
All the files and information regarding users, jobs etc are stored in encyclopedia volume. acexport command utility will help you export this volume and acimport will import that back to encyclopedia in another iServer.
Ashwini
FaizR
hi jhelbling and averma,
Thanks a lot for the solution. I'll try & revert back in case I face any further problem with this.
TZhang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'FaizR'" data-cid="69123" data-time="1286437715" data-date="07 October 2010 - 12:48 AM"><p>
hi jhelbling and averma,<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for the solution. I'll try & revert back in case I face any further problem with this.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
or you can simply try to copy over the encyc (default encyclopedia folder) to the new server. may save you some time trying to figure out how to manage all the acexport/acimport options
<br />
<br />
NOTE: <strong class='bbc'>this only work if you are using v8, 9, 10 iServer.</strong>