Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scripting BIRT
kosta
Hello BIRT community,<br />
<br />
I have several question.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>Setting parameter value</span></strong><br />
<br />
I know I can read the report parameter value in the "Script" view like the following code: <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>params["myparam"].value</pre> I have also tried to set the value with <br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>params["myparam"].value = "test"</pre> in the "open"-method of the data set, but that doesn't work. <br />
<br />
1. Can the paramater value be modified in the script view?<br />
<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>Java object to access a data source</span></strong><br />
<br />
On the page 269 of the book "Extending and Integrating BIRT" I saw that an object can be instantiated and pass to the reporting engine. <br />
<br />
2. Does that means that the methods to get the data from the java object to pass them to the script object can be non-static?<br />
<br />
3. Can the data structure of the returned data to the script be more complex like nested arrays or a combination of some strings and arrays. <br />
The example in the book (p. 226) is an array of self made objects but I want to return more complex data structures.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Kosta
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Kosta,
You can set the parameter in the open but the change will only show up after a table/list/chart actually uses the dataset. See attached example.
2 - yes.
3 - yes, but you will need to use the importPackage line to manipulate the complex objects. ie
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.samples.scripted.hibernate)
var tst = new MyTestObject();
Jason
kosta
Hi Jason,
I 've tried to output the parameter values before the table (which uses the data set). That's why it hasn't worked for me. :huh:
Thank you,
Kosta