Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using RE API without birt installed on the server machine
jacktian
I try to embed the birt report to one existing J2ee web application by using Report Engine API.
We are not allowed to install birt on the server machine.
Is that OK?
1. I create the rptdesign files from my local computer which has eclipse birt installed.
2. put the created rptdesign files, RE API jar, jdbc driver jar files and few configuration files
under one directory of the server machine.
3. add jar files (or put jar files in the application under web-inf/lib folder) and configuration files on the classpath by modifying the batch file of the application server like web logic sever.
If I can not, what is the reason?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jacktian'" data-cid="69169" data-time="1286502660" data-date="07 October 2010 - 06:51 PM"><p>
I try to embed the birt report to one existing J2ee web application by using Report Engine API.<br />
We are not allowed to install birt on the server machine.<br />
Is that OK?<br />
1. I create the rptdesign files from my local computer which has eclipse birt installed.<br />
2. put the created rptdesign files, RE API jar, jdbc driver jar files and few configuration files<br />
under one directory of the server machine.<br />
3. add jar files (or put jar files in the application under web-inf/lib folder) and configuration files on the classpath by modifying the batch file of the application server like web logic sever.<br />
If I can not, what is the reason?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
You do not need to install Eclipse on the machine. If you are deploying the REAPI, you need to download the BIRT Runtime from the Eclipse website, extract it, and copy the ReportEngine folder to your server. In your application, you need to set the BIRT_HOME variable to that ReportEngine folder. This tells the startup code where to find the OSGi plugins needed for BIRT.<br />
<br />
Copying the files from the plugin folder under your Eclipse instance will not put the Report Engine API on your server.<br />
<br />
See: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportEngineAPI.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportEngineAPI.php</a><br
/>
<br />
John