Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
report with personal schedule/form
birtprofi
Hello everybody,
I have a short question. I would like to build a report, that combine a database query with parameters (no problem) and where the customer have the possibility to type some personal additional informations in it. (like Name, Adress etc.) This information is only for print.
Is this possible?
Best Regards
Rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I think you'll either need to create some HTML input functionality or deliver the report as RTF/DOC.
birtprofi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="69257" data-time="1286889632" data-date="12 October 2010 - 06:20 AM"><p>
I think you'll either need to create some HTML input functionality or deliver the report as RTF/DOC.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
how could I make this with html input functionality? Do you have a sample report? Your idea with rtf/doc is good, but I would prefer to type the informations direct in the report and then print.<br />
<br />
best regards <br />
Rafael
johnw
Use some report parameters. report parameters don't need to be tied to data sets, they can be used in expressions on your report output.
Take a look at the following report:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design"
; version="3.2.21" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.0.v20100531 Build <2.6.0.v20100609-1613></property>
<property name="units">in</property>
<property name="iconFile">/templates/blank_report.gif</property>
<property name="bidiLayoutOrientation">ltr</property>
<property name="imageDPI">96</property>
<parameters>
<scalar-parameter name="DisplayParam" id="7">
<property name="valueType">static</property>
<property name="dataType">string</property>
<property name="distinct">true</property>
<simple-property-list name="defaultValue">
<value type="constant">You didn't type anything.</value>
</simple-property-list>
<property name="paramType">simple</property>
<property name="controlType">text-box</property>
<structure name="format">
<property name="category">Unformatted</property>
</structure>
</scalar-parameter>
</parameters>
<styles>
<style name="report" id="4">
<property name="fontFamily">sans-serif</property>
<property name="fontSize">10pt</property>
</style>
<style name="crosstab" id="5">
<property name="borderBottomColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderBottomStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderBottomWidth">1pt</property>
<property name="borderLeftColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderLeftStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderLeftWidth">1pt</property>
<property name="borderRightColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderRightStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderRightWidth">1pt</property>
<property name="borderTopColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderTopStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderTopWidth">1pt</property>
</style>
<style name="crosstab-cell" id="6">
<property name="borderBottomColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderBottomStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderBottomWidth">1pt</property>
<property name="borderLeftColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderLeftStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderLeftWidth">1pt</property>
<property name="borderRightColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderRightStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderRightWidth">1pt</property>
<property name="borderTopColor">#CCCCCC</property>
<property name="borderTopStyle">solid</property>
<property name="borderTopWidth">1pt</property>
</style>
</styles>
<page-setup>
<simple-master-page name="Simple MasterPage" id="2">
<page-footer>
<text id="3">
<property name="contentType">html</property>
<text-property name="content"><![CDATA[<value-of>new Date()</value-of>]]></text-property>
</text>
</page-footer>
</simple-master-page>
</page-setup>
<body>
<data id="8">
<list-property name="boundDataColumns">
<structure>
<property name="name">DisplayParam</property>
<expression name="expression" type="javascript">params["DisplayParam"]</expression>
<property name="dataType">string</property>
</structure>
</list-property>
<property name="resultSetColumn">DisplayParam</property>
</data>
</body>
</report>
birtprofi
good idea, thanks a lot
best regards
rafael
birtprofi
Hello,
one more question to my personal form. The idea from john works perfect. But is it also possible to save/keep the clients input parameter.
Because the client have to type 20 different informations into the report parameter field. So could birt save this information and by the next time, the client opens the report, birt initialise the parameter fields with the last values.
Maybe one of you have an idea.
best regards
Rafael
PS I will improve my english, so I hope you understand what I mean.