Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
problems with sorting
birtprofi
Hello guys,
I need your help. Please see attached report. This report made a collegue.
Now I have to change the sorting in the sequence. Actually the sorting sequence is FIL_NAME and then MA_NAME
but I need:
first sort the data by
Data-Cube / Dienstplan/ group / FIL_NAME
then
Data-Cube / Dienstplan/ KST / kst_name
then
MA-NAME
Please tell me how to made this change easily. I have tried something, but I always got an error.
best regards
Rafael
PS At the time I have problems with upload the file. I will try later
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rafael,
What is your BIRT version? What did you do to change the sorting that had an error? And what was that error? Let me know!
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
I use birt version 2.5.2 /
The error message is corrected. (there was another failure)
But I have the problem that the report doesn?t sort in the correct sequence. Look at the picture. At the time the report sort the first cell and then the third cell. But the report should sort the first cell, then the second sell and then the third cell.
best regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
The sorting issue comes from the way you set up your crosstab. You included MA_NAME as a level of the FIL_NAME field and the kst_name field. This is not needed, but fine. The problem came when you included MA_NAME in the crosstab by using the instance of it under the FIL_NAME field. This caused MA_NAME to be second in the order, rather than third. Your switching the elements around doesn't change what field the crosstab cell is bound to. I changed the report to use the MA_NAME under kst_name instead. Save the attached file as another file name, so you don't mess up the current one you have and give it a try to see if it sorts how you're wanting. You shouldn't need the sort rule on the crosstab either, but I left it.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
thanks a lot, now it works fine.
kind regards
Rafael