Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can I exclude detail table with no records?
bgbaird
I am developing a master-detail report where there may or may not be result sets for detail result sets. How can I design such that if there are no results in the detail, the header for the detail does not display in the output?
Thanks,
Brian Baird CMRP
Application Development/Support Engineer
Northstar BlueScope Steel LLC
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Brian,
In you detail report, you can initialize a variable to 0 in your initialize script, increment it in the onFetch method of your dataSet, and check that variable's value in the visibility section of the property editor for the table to hide the table if the value is still 0.
Hope this helps.
johnw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'bgbaird'" data-cid="69265" data-time="1286899936" data-date="12 October 2010 - 09:12 AM"><p>
I am developing a master-detail report where there may or may not be result sets for detail result sets. How can I design such that if there are no results in the detail, the header for the detail does not display in the output?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Brian Baird CMRP<br />
Application Development/Support Engineer<br />
Northstar BlueScope Steel LLC<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/03/birt-hide-report-table-when-no-data-is.html'>http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/03/birt-hide-report-table-when-no-data-is.html</a>
;
johnw
Sorry, should specify, that is an example:
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/03/birt-hide-report-table-when-no-data-is.html
John
bgbaird
Thanks for the help! I had ended up using a kind of HP backward logic in my master SQL to determine existence of the child, then hiding the table based on that.
This looks like a MUCH more direct solution!