Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to make List Header follow Detail Value
dbmuse
Help. I am trying to use a list in which the Header section has a field value that I want at the top of each page. However that value does not iterate through the dataset when its in the header, like it does in the Detail section. Instead the header shows the first record value on each page of the whole report. If I move the field to the detail I get the right row by row data, but its no longer tied to the top of the page like a header does. Is there a way for me to get that header field to change along with the detail ? I suppose in reverse how to get a detail section to always display at the top of every page in a pdf paged report.
thanks
Larry
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling
Hi dbmuse,
A workaround is maybe to include another list in your first list's detail section. The the header of your include list should be "dynamic". A page break after each detail section will maybe be needed ...
Hope it helps ...
dbmuse
Hello jhelbling
Actually I have 3 lists nested. I didn't mention that before in trying to keep this easy to describe. I think the nested lists works with a non paged output such as HTML but fails on a paged output such as PDF. With pdf output and the nested lists I still have the basic problem of the top or outer list header is the only section that prints on every page of a pdf output no matter how many pages of data print from the inner lists. If I move the field from the header to the detail of the outer list it works perfect when the data fills only one page. If it goes two pages or more the following pages don't get the header at the top of the page. I think this effect is caused by the pdf output which pages the data based on physical page length while an html output is logical pages.
I thought if a variable was set in a nested list, that I could place the same variable up in the header but I get an error. I feel like that technique could work but my ability to code it is lacking.
to summarize
it appears the top level header of a nested list does not display dynamic data (iterated) but nicely prints at the top of every page of a pdf output.
it appears the top level detail of a nested list does display dynamic data but only prints on the first page of a group of pages in a pdf output.
its so close... yet I can't get the last inch.
thanks