Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding/Include word doc in birt to generate another word doc
Tagore
Hi,
I am trying to generate a word document in birt.In that I want to include the existing word document.I am trying to convert that word as xml and trying to insert that in body of the rpt file but failed how to insert that.
can any one suggest me on this.
Thanks for the help in advance
Regards
Tagore
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tagore,
So, you have the XML set up how you want, you just aren't able to display it in your report? What are you currently doing to try to display it?
Tagore
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="69308" data-time="1286984987" data-date="13 October 2010 - 08:49 AM"><p>
Hi Tagore,<br />
<br />
So, you have the XML set up how you want, you just aren't able to display it in your report? What are you currently doing to try to display it?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Williams,<br />
<br />
My requirement is to insert exisiting word into rpt file.For that I converted .doc to .xml and mapped as dataset in birt.When I am doing column mapping,each word in my existing word document is considering as seperate tag and I was unable to drag my required tag in the design since it is displaying only one of multiple tags with different content.So i want to display all the tags with same name and different value.<br />
Or any other way to integrate the existing word document.<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
Regards<br />
Tagore
mwilliams
Tagore,
Oh, you're trying to use a Word document as a dataSource for a BIRT report? Am I understanding correctly now?