Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cross tab - avoid grouping
h3llraid3r
Hi,
I've got another problem i can't solve...
My Report contains a cross tab, which is build up as follws:
description1 description2 average
date time1 value1a value1b value1_ab
date time2 value2a value2b value2_ab
date time3 value3a value3b value3_ab
. . . . .
. . . . .
. . . . .
Works fine... but one problem:
The date-value is the same for each of the rows, so birt groups the date value over all columns.
I searched a long time, but didn't find an option to avoid that.
So my question is rather simple:
How can I configure that to have the date in every single row?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi h3llraid3r,
What does your data look like? Can you just use a regular table rather than a crosstab?
h3llraid3r
Hi,
i have to use the cross-tab in order to achieve the layout.
I've got one data-set, which serves a data-cube.
This data-cube is the source for my report.
As soulution from a former question here, the cross-tab worked for my wishes.
Normally, this should not be so tricky to get that work, because i've "only" to display the correct values...
h3llraid3r
Update:
Solved that by changing the input file -> Put time and date together, so my grouping for an hour automatically shows the date...
But I stick at another point right now:
Is it somehow possible to get the column headers in a table/cross tab vertical?
Searched around a few hours, but did not find a solution for that.
Does anyone know how to do this?
mwilliams
Take a look at this post from the devShare. It might help you with that.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/537-birt-extension-mechanism/
h3llraid3r
Thanks for your reply Michael,
i found that post a few times searching for this issue.
But I stuck at one point there:
Several classes must be created there. But where shall I create them?
Just under File->New->Class? And then just copy the content of this class shown in the article into the class?
mwilliams
You should be able to download the rotated text project from the referenced post where the word "archive" is linked.
h3llraid3r
That's what I already did.
But if I open an existing or new report, there is no button with an "rotation text".
Edit:
Where do I have to import that file?
I tried to import it as an plugin and as an archive file and as an existing project.
None of them worked -> No report item to insert the rotated text
mwilliams
Try using this free marketplace app, BIRT Controls Lib. It has rotated text as one of the plug ins.
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/marketplace/partner-microsite/?msid=1#app=1437&ecce-selectedIndex=1
h3llraid3r
The problem is still the same...
The URL in that example does not work...and if I download the *.jar and import it by Import->Archive File, it recognizes an plugin.xml... But in my Report, there is no button with rotated text.
Perhaps I make an mistake in one of the steps, but that can't be normal to be not able to import any of these plugins...
Perhaps you could import that plugin in an "basic" install of birt and upload it somewhere? I'm really confused about that thing
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll install it in that version and let you know what issues I run into.
h3llraid3r
Hi,
my versions are:
Eclipse Platform 3.5.2
BIRT 2.5.2
I tried some other versions of BIRT (2.5.1,2.6), but it was still the same...
So if you could tell me the steps, perhaps I somehow get that plugin work...
Thanks in advance
mwilliams
Found this posted in another forum post as an update to the project for 2.5.2.
http://svn.codespot.com/a/eclipselabs.org/birt-innovent-update/2.5.2/
I'll install the project in 2.5.2 and let you know what I did.
mwilliams
Did you follow these steps?
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-innovent-update/wiki/install_251
h3llraid3r
Of course I did...
But if I select the URL (just copy&paste), BIRT searches for plugin and then tells me that there are no plugins available.
EDIT:
I found the problem right now...
The URL given in the guide is wrong. Searching around a bit within the domain, i found the right path:
http://innovent.googlecode.com/svn/branches/2.5.2/innovent.update/
Thanks a lot for your help Michael
mwilliams
Not a problem! Glad you found the correct link! Let us know whenever you have questions!
Ka Lai
<p>Hello Michael</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The link for devShare doesn't work. It link to search.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need a solution for vertical text without any plugins.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help.</p>
mwilliams
<p>I believe that devshare just pointed to <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-BIRT-ExtensionTutorial1/index.html'>https://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-BIRT-ExtensionTutorial1/index.html</a>
; <a>and
https://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-BIRT-ExtensionTutorial2/index.html.</a>
; Out-of-the-box, BIRT doesn't have this report element, so unfortunately you'll have to use the plug-in. </p>