Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is there a cleaner solution?
semaphore
I have a DCT that generates an XML file using a presentation template. The data captured is previewed using HTML/ASP in the .tpl file. On Generate the output can be saved as an .asp file. Since I am using a workflow, the output .asp file gets attached to the workflow (even though I don't need to deploy it), which I remove it using iwrmtaskfile.exe and then delete it from the workarea.
This works fine but it seems pointless to have a user save a file and then remove it from the task and also delete it.
I was wondering if there is a better way of doing this.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
abhishek_gupta
Your quey doesn't seem very clear. You say "I have a DCT that generates an XML file using a presentation template." Are you talking about the DCR here.
I assume that you have a DCT which is generated as an ASP file, and on close of the DCT your workflow is activated which attaches the file. In the workflow you would have a <file></file> tag and a code for attaching files. So I guess if you remove this piece of code from your wft file, it will not attach the file.
And I dont know why you are deleting the file from the workarea, when you have generated it.
Hope this is helpful at least to some extent.
Thanks,
Abhi
semaphore
Thanks for your reply! Let me be clearer and tell you exactly what I want to do.
I want to capture some information from users in a workflow. The data captured is however not a webpage in itself but just sort of metadata that needs to be in XML format.
As I understand it, in order for the user to Preview the captured data, the DCT has to output HTML. So the presentation template has code that generates HTML. The presentation template also has code that outputs the desired XML file.
Now here is the problem. When I generate the DCR, I HAVE to save an HTML(or ASP) file that has the markup to visually render the data. But the fact is that I DO NOT need this file. I only need the XML file.
The reason I am deleting the ASP file because I do not need it. Also, I cannot remove the code from the workflow that attaches files because I need to attach the XML file (or other dependent files) for later deployment.