Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
data synchronisation
birtprofi
Hello,
in shortness I will make a training on BIRT, but in the meantime I will further need your help.
I need your ideas and knowledge. Is it possible to made a report about data synchronisation via birt.
My Situation:
I have a Select statement that synchronize two different databases.
Is it possible that birt shows the data of a the table MA_DATEN before and after the synchronisation.
For example what BIRT should do:
1. - show the data of table MA_DATEN
2. - run synchronisation script
3. - show the data of table MA_DATEN
So it would be necessary, that BIRT cache the data from 1. because after the script, the data maybe has changed.
It would be perfect, to show only data that has changed.
Maybe you have some idea.
best regards
Rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
How much data?
You could have a table first in Layout that populates a HashMap.
Then a control to execute the synch
Then another Table that is the same query as table 1 but filtered to return only records not in the HashMap.
If there is a lot of data, then you should do this with Stored Procedures and temp tables on your Database side.
birtprofi
Hi thuston,
thanks for your reply. It is not so much data.
I never worked with hashmap before. So maybe you could help me, how to create them. I update only adress data (200-300 rows not more)
best regards
rafael