Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Remove the Mandatory Parameter
purushdk
Hii Birts,
I am facing a problem that while making the parameter as Not mandatory.
In the Cascading Parameter Group,I am adding the parameters and cascading the List box and i want those parameters not to be mandatory.For that I have not selected the "Is Required"(unchecked),but its showing "Null value" as the first value in the listbox.
Can anyone crack this?
ThankYou,
Purush.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
By putting in not required, it will show Null meaning that you do not want the user doesn't need to put anything in.
If your looking for a way around this, take a look at this article:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2009/03/birt-multi-select-statements.html
You can use the same idea, use a Default value of "None", or something like that, and dynamically bind your parameter. Or you could use something like this:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/06/conditional-table-filters.html
John