Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Wrapping in Cross Tab
JayJ
Hello
Is it possible to wrap the columns in a Cross Tab element to the next section when there are too many columns ? The next section would have the Row headers, just the remaining columns will appear in the next section.
For example, if there are 20 columns (based upon the data off course), in the Cross Tab, is it possible to have 1-10 in the first Cross Tab and the remaining 11 - 20 in the next Cross Tab ?
Please advice.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Jay,
If you go to the "Column Area" tab in the property editor, then go to the page break section, you should be able to specify a page break interval. Does this work for what you're looking for?
JayJ
Thanks Michael.
I tumbled into it and playing with it. I think this would work, unless the report users want the next section to be displayed just below the first section instead of in the next page. This seems to be hard to do, right ?
mwilliams
That makes it a little more difficult. You're probably talking multiple crosstabs and filters to get it to do that. Is there a max number of columns you'd have? If there's no max, it probably gets even harder.
JayJ
Thanks Michael.
I don't have any control over the max number of columns as it depends on the data in the Cross Tab. The limitation is how many columns can fit in the page width on the screen or when the users print.
Looking forward to your advice.
mwilliams
I think your best bet is to stick with the page break interval. If I think of a way to easily get them one below the other, I'll let you know.
JayJ
Thanks Michael.
So, I have 2 options to consider:
1- Use the Page Break or the Page Break Interval in the Column Area
2- Create 2 Cross Tabs and apply filters.
Let me work on the report and will keep you posted.
mwilliams
Option 2 will probably require a list or table to embed the crosstabs into so that you can filter them in a way that they stay one on top of the other. This is why this option could be messy!