I am trying to create a chart where the x-axis and the grouping are set using parameters, similar to the reports in this article:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1079-highly-parameterized-chart-and-table/'>Highly Parameterized Chart and Table</a><br />
<br />
I have two questions:<br />
<br />
1. The code uses the "replaceAll" javascript function. I am not able to get the data set to work correctly with the script when I try using the replaceAll function. I am having trouble finding information about the replaceAll function. The replace function seems to be working for me. Where can I find out more information about the replaceAll function? <br />
<br />
2. I have added the script on the beforeOpen for the data set bound to the chart. If I run the report, the report seems to be working correctly. When I preview the data set, an error message pops up: "Error happened while running the report." If a click on the Details button, part of the message displayed is "SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object. SQL error #1: Incorrect syntax near ')'."<br />
<br />
Does the script I added not run when I preview the data set? Could that be why I am getting an error when I preview the data set, but not when I run the report?