Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
importing folders
bradkagawa
Hey everyone - I have found that when importing directories into a workarea using the GUI (vs creating new directories via the menu item), the directory permissions identified in iw.cfg are not maintained - while the files that are in those directories seem to be correct, all of the folders are set to 755 (I have 775 set in iw.cfg), which obviously can be problematic. Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks
Brad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I haven't tried to reproduce this, and right now all I have is my laptop not a Unix system - but if you were able to reproduce this please contact Interwoven Support to file a bug report on it.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
gzevin
Now I'm seeing a similar problem - files are imported with proper permissions - but if I import the whole three, folders' permissions get screwed up....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
webby
Assuming Solaris.....
What user are you using to import the folders?
Check the users umask to see what its set to.
If its 022 then the import permissions are set to 755, if its 002 then 775.
We have this issue on our production server and force any imports to be done by tsadmin. We then login as tsadmin and manually chmod the permissions to 0775 as required (as we are not allowed to have umask set to 002 in production).
An alternative is to import the folder, etc. onto a system where the umask is ok and then deploy to the target server.
HTH
Edited by webby on 03/29/04 05:49 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
What version of TeamSite?
Starting in 6.0, we look at directory_default_perm in iw.cfg (along
with the cgi process umask) if we create a dir during an import.
This is for Solaris, naturally.
The reason we did not do it before is that the import is done with
a cgi, and the flag is not in the [iwcgi] section.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
parsan99
We had the same problem on our Solaris box, Teamsite version 5.5.2. The support engineer at IW mentioned it was a bug (#31907) and suggested the following workaround which did work for us.
Run the following as user "root":
/etc/init.d/iw.server stop
umask 002
/etc/init.d/iw.server start
Migrateduser
Opps.. correction to what I said earlier:
Import uses directory_default_perm starting in 6.1, not 6.0.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
megamala
my umask is set to 002 eventhough when I import the directory the permission set to 755. How can we change the import folder permissions to 775 from 755.
TIA
MM Guptha
megamala
Its working fine for me . For curiosity, Do you know exactly how its working, I mean when we restart the server from where the UMASK will take. Because our root default UMASK set to 002 but when I import the directories it was 755. But after I did the following steps iw.server stop ,umask 002, iw.server start then Its working fine (import directories with 775 permission). Before above steps it was 002 but import directories permission was 755 . After above steps it is 002, import directories permission is 775. So I am totally confusion where exactly the change happend.
TIA
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
As a guess - the way the server is normally started is prior to any umask being explcitly set within the environment and may be picking up an implicit 022 umask. When processes are started during reboots and such I don't think you have any guarantee (or should not rely on) the root users' profile having been sourced and in effect. Also, sometimes those settings are explcitly set in the profile to *only* be in effect for *interactive* shell processes - whereas the reboot in a NON-interactive process.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
megamala
Do we need to set umask 002 every time when we stop and start the server.
TIA
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
You could probably put a umask setting within the startup script - that way whenever it was run it will have the desired umask setting.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
megamala
could u tell me where exactly I have to put Umask. Can you tell me the path and file name of start up script.
TIA
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
Scripts like /etc/init.d/iw.server and /etc/rc3.d/S16iw.server are where I would consider putting a umask directive - if you are unsure how to do this - get your IT/Ops folks involved and explain that you want to make sure the umask is set to **** before the application is started.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
PaulD
We have a corp security requirement that root umask is set to 077 so we went and added the umask 007 command to all the iwov startup scripts in the init tab. We also took a look at the default ftp umask, messed with that, and it seemed to help dir imports, too.
Now we only get bad perms intermittently. And to fix this we remove/readd the user to the entity DB (using iwrmuser.ipl and iwadduser.ipl). Iwov support knows about the entity corruption issue and although there isn't a patch for us yet, there might be on for Solaris.