Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
JDBC driver in plugin folder
RohanKK
Hi,
I am using BIRT runtime 2.5.2 , earlier we use to copy out JDBC drivers to the plugin\*oda.jdbc*\driver folder.
But now I am trying to run report even after deleting these drivers , my reports are still able to fetch the data from DB.
So , isn't this mandatory to copt drivers to this folder ?
-Rohan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PKofon
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RohanKK'" data-cid="69505" data-time="1287485060" data-date="19 October 2010 - 03:44 AM"><p>
Hi, <br />
I am using BIRT runtime 2.5.2 , earlier we use to copy out JDBC drivers to the plugin\*oda.jdbc*\driver folder. <br />
<br />
But now I am trying to run report even after deleting these drivers , my reports are still able to fetch the data from DB. <br />
<br />
So , isn't this mandatory to copt drivers to this folder ?<br />
<br />
<br />
-Rohan<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
As far as I know, it's mandatory if you're using the WebViewerExample for instance and you want BIRT to find the drivers by itself. But if you've embedded BIRT in another application and you're providing it a connection, then it won't bother to look for your drivers. Try removing the jars from your classpath and see if your reports will run. I doubt they will.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
Paul
RohanKK
I did the same , removed the jars from Driver folder and my reports were still running.
If I will removed the jars from my classpath my application itself will not run.