Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PDF Font Issue
gmcleod
I'm having an issue with reports in both Designer and iServer Deployment. The font I am using in a report renders in every format except PDF. In report designer the text completely disappears when the report is ran. When the report is deployed to iServer the font is substituted. This font works in other applications and I can even create PDF documents in Acrobat using the font in question. Is there some sort of font path configuration I am missing? Both the development environment and the server are Windows based and the font is in the standard Window's font directory.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi gmcleod,
So the font is in the windows/fonts directory? Are you using italics or bold or something on this font that might require another font, so BIRT falls back on its default? You could also try setting the environment variable BIRT_FONT_HOME to the location of the font.
gmcleod
Michael,
The font was bold, but it doesn't work in regular format either. I also tried the BIRT_FONT_HOME environmental variable and that doesn't seem to do the trick. Could the fact that the font is an Open Type font have anything to do with it?
Thanks
mwilliams
I think the report engine may require true type fonts for PDF.
gmcleod
Looks like I will just find a good TTF substitute and go with that then. Thanks the suggestions.
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions. Also, let me know if using a true type ends up solving the issue!
gmcleod
I found a comparable True Type font that my user was happy with and that seems to work fine. Must be the Open Type font causing the problem because they are in the same directory.
mwilliams
Glad you found a font that works for you! What is your BIRT version, btw?
gmcleod
10sp1
mwilliams
I tried to search the bugs to find if there would be support for open type fonts, but didn't see anything after a quick search. You could always file an enhancement request to support other font types, I guess, see what they say.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/