Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Preventing Widow and Orphan Lines
luananicho
Does anyone know how to prevent widow and orphan lines on a report? For example, I have a single detail row that could have up to 4 lines of data. If all 4 lines won't fit on the page, I want all 4 lines moved to the next page.
I've played around with widow and orphan Text Properties on the Advanced Properties tab, but then don't seem to affect the page layout.
See attached example.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cwrTalgo
Well, at least it appears I'm not the only one who has to deal with this. I've been trying to solve the exact same issue all morning. I am pretty convinved that the orphans & widows settings don't make any difference in the rendering, at least in 2.3.2, which I am forced to use since Maximo 7.1.1.6 won't import reports from any newer versions.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'luananicho'" data-cid="69536" data-time="1287520459" data-date="19 October 2010 - 01:34 PM"><p>
Does anyone know how to prevent widow and orphan lines on a report? For example, I have a single detail row that could have up to 4 lines of data. If all 4 lines won't fit on the page, I want all 4 lines moved to the next page. <br />
<br />
I've played around with widow and orphan Text Properties on the Advanced Properties tab, but then don't seem to affect the page layout. <br />
<br />
See attached example.<br /></p></blockquote>
kdureidy
What version of Birt you use?
Did you try the Page Break option?
cwrTalgo
I am running BIRT 2.3.2, since any reports I create using anything newer won't import in Maximo 7.1.1.6.<br />
The options for Page Break I have in this version are 'Auto' and 'Always'. I have scripted the Page Break Interval for PDFs to render correctly, but it doesn't solve the problems with the widows.<br />
Of course, the best solution would be for Maximo to support a newer BIRT version...<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kdureidy'" data-cid="69979" data-time="1288793046" data-date="03 November 2010 - 07:04 AM"><p>
What version of Birt you use?<br />
Did you try the Page Break option?<br /></p></blockquote>