Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Windows-designed report to run on linux with BIRT Runtime
jasonws
Hi, I have a report I created in Windows using BIRT Report Designer that I would like to run on Linux using BIRT Runtime. There is at least one reference to a windows path for the CSV file I'm using to store information. How do I modify the report so that I can define the CSV file as a parameter in BIRT Runtime? How do I run this report with BIRT Runtime? I'd like to directly output the report to the printer if possible, but if I need to use two commands, that's fine.
Thanks,
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
In the data source for the flat data source, there is a Property Binding tab. you simply set the path property to your parameter.
John
jasonws
Thanks, John. I appreciate your response. There are several options in the Property Binding tab. I'm unsure which ones to use, or what exactly to put there. The BIRT tutorial and several google searches haven't been much help.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="69573" data-time="1287610155" data-date="20 October 2010 - 02:29 PM"><p>
In the data source for the flat data source, there is a Property Binding tab. you simply set the path property to your parameter.<br />
<br />
John<br /></p></blockquote>
johnw
Home Folder will override the Select Folder property. <br />
<br />
John<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jasonws'" data-cid="69592" data-time="1287674231" data-date="21 October 2010 - 08:17 AM"><p>
Thanks, John. I appreciate your response. There are several options in the Property Binding tab. I'm unsure which ones to use, or what exactly to put there. The BIRT tutorial and several google searches haven't been much help.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
jasonws
Gotcha.<br />
<br />
So, what would I enter in the home folder field if I wanted to change the location of where the CSV is stored? <br />
<br />
What would the command line look like? I suppose I'd use runrender, but I'm unsure of the differences between run, render and runrender.<br />
./runReport -f PDF -o invoice.pdf -p CSV_Directory=<directory> invoice.csv<br />
Or could I just use this?<br />
./runReport -f PDF -o invoice.pdf <directory>/invoice.csv<br />
<br />
Or is that not the way it works?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="69610" data-time="1287685289" data-date="21 October 2010 - 11:21 AM"><p>
Home Folder will override the Select Folder property. <br />
<br />
John<br /></p></blockquote>
jasonws
Hey, I still need assistance with BIRT Runtime. Any assistance would be really appreciated. An example, documentation, anything.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jasonws'" data-cid="69655" data-time="1287766502" data-date="22 October 2010 - 09:55 AM"><p>
Gotcha.<br />
<br />
So, what would I enter in the home folder field if I wanted to change the location of where the CSV is stored? <br />
<br />
What would the command line look like? I suppose I'd use runrender, but I'm unsure of the differences between run, render and runrender.<br />
./runReport -f PDF -o invoice.pdf -p CSV_Directory=<directory> invoice.csv<br />
Or could I just use this?<br />
./runReport -f PDF -o invoice.pdf <directory>/invoice.csv<br />
<br />
Or is that not the way it works?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
jasonws
Thanks, John. So I entered HomeFolder into the field for Home Folder Property Binding. I have the report and flat file in the same directory, and from that directory I run the following command:<br />
/opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/genReport.sh BMFInvoice.rptdesign<br />
<br />
and<br />
<br />
/opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/genReport.sh -p HomeFolder=. BMFInvoice.rptdesign<br />
<br />
In the results of both I get the following error:<br />
Cannot open flat file database under directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\Flat Files<br />
<br />
So it's obvious to me that I'm not doing this right. Any assistance would be appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="69610" data-time="1287685289" data-date="21 October 2010 - 11:21 AM"><p>
Home Folder will override the Select Folder property. <br />
<br />
John<br /></p></blockquote>