Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to show points with different color in Graph?
WendyBIRT
Hi,
In a Chart, some points need to be highlighted with different color than other points. It seems possible because I saw similar chart in BIRT 360 demo. How to achieve this please?
Thanks,
WendyBIRT
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
TZhang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'WendyBIRT'" data-cid="69671" data-time="1287799655" data-date="22 October 2010 - 07:07 PM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
In a Chart, some points need to be highlighted with different color than other points. It seems possible because I saw similar chart in BIRT 360 demo. How to achieve this please?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
WendyBIRT<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
can you be more specific on the topic? a sample image may help others to understand your requirement before it gets answerred
WendyBIRT
Please see attached file. I catched it from BIRT 360 demo. I want to show the graph in one color but some points are highlighted with different color.
TZhang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'WendyBIRT'" data-cid="69677" data-time="1287863395" data-date="23 October 2010 - 12:49 PM"><p>
Please see attached file. I catched it from BIRT 360 demo. I want to show the graph in one color but some points are highlighted with different color.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
colored by categories? is this what you are looking for?
mwilliams
WendyBIRT,<br />
<br />
If you're wanting to highlight certain points in your graph based on their value or category, you can set the fill in the chart script like:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
function beforeDrawDataPoint( dph, fill, icsc )
{
if (dph.getOrthogonalValue() > someValue){
fill.set(255,0,0); //highlights all data points that are greater than "someValue" in red.
}
}
</pre>