Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
navigation bar on top of viewer
birtprofi
Hello everybody,
I have following problem. On my developer machine I user IE8 and Firefox 3.6.11 to test my reports.
But on the client machine (use the same IE and Firefox) I dont get the navigation bar on the top of a report viewer. See attached file. What settings I have to do, that I get this?
best regards
Rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rafael,
What is the URL that you use to call your report from the client machine? Are you calling the report with the framework?
birtprofi
url like this:
192.168.2.1:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report/autark_Abw_Kon_Webinterface.rptdesign
mwilliams
And you just get a straight HTML window out of that from your client machine? No paginated viewer at all?
birtprofi
yes this is correct. on the client machine I get the parameter window and then a straight html page. No viewer buttons like print etc. or "go to page"
best regards
Rafael
PS But maybe this is only a client machine problem. Because on other machines the url works good. Maybe something in Browser settings?
mwilliams
Rafael,
Not sure why that would be on just their machine. I'll ask around and see if anyone else knows a reason why this would be. I haven't seen this happen before, I do know that!
birtprofi
thanks for your effort.
kind regards
rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
Are they using the same versions of IE and Firefox as you? Or are they possibly using older versions? One suggestion I was told was to check and see if they, for some reason, have javascript turned off in their browser.
mwilliams
Also, you might make sure they have cookies turned on. That used to be a requirement.
birtprofi
sorry for my late answer. cookies are on.
Maybe it could be that there is a firewall with a content filter, I will check this.
I dont know on every other machine it works.
best regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Let me know if you find out what is causing it, I'd be very interested to know.